The Bike Kitchen (AMS Bike Co-Op)
The Bike Kitchen provides students and the wider community with an accessible environment where they can learn to fix bicycles, share resources, and work together. They engage in cycling education, outreach and advocacy to promote biking as a safe and sustainable means of transportation.
Bicycle donations are used for a whole variety of purposes that include:
- being built into guaranteed used bicycles and resold
- being built and given to someone who needs a bike via their volunteer bike building program
- being repurposed as a member of their Purple and Yellow Community Bike Fleet
- being salvaged for parts that are used to give many other bikes a new lease on life
- being fully recycled when the bike is too damaged or worn to be useable
Drop off your bike at the Bike Kitchen located at:
6138 Student Union Blvd, Vancouver, BC
Monday to Friday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm
If you are going to donate 4 or more bikes we may be able to organize a pick up for you. This option is often used by those representing a strata, apartment complex, office building, or other organization.
Contact Jordan at 604-827-7333 or email email@example.com to ask about setting up a donation pick-up, or if you have any other questions.